Sat, Oct 23|
October Club Dive
The Sea Lancers October Club Dive with a potluck and underwater pumpkin carving contest!
Time & Location
Oct 23, 2021, 7:30 AM
Electric Beach, Hawaiian Electric Beach Park, 92-201 Farrington Hwy, Kapolei, HI 96707, USA
About the Event
Join us for our October Club Dive at Electric Beach! We will have a potluck, underwater pumpkin carving contest, and plenty of diving. Members should plan to arrive between 0730 - 0800. Remember that the parking at Electric Beach fills up quickly on the weekends. Please check out the link for the potluck:
it's under - wildeboer, PW octdive
Here are the Rules for the First Annual Sealancers Pumpkin carving contest.
*Bring your own pumpkin and carving equipment*
1. All divers must be paired in buddy teams - no solo carvers
2. Teams may carve either one or two pumpkins, only one award per pumpkin
3. Pumpkins must enter the water un-marked and un-cut
4. Carving is finished once the pumpkin reaches the surface after being submerged
5. Any carving tool is allowed, but all carving devices must be secured to the carver while being used
6. Teams should have a bag to bring removed pieces of the pumpkin back to shore - minimize our footprint
7. Participants must carve pumpkins in the sandy area to the north of the end of the pipe - this is to facilitate safety and judging
8. Pumpkins float - plan for an extra 5-10 lbs of buoyancy - see rule #4
Best in Show
Most Jack-O-Lantern like carving
What in the world?
Final safety note, pumpkins can get slippery, please have a pair of gloves to wear while carving. Expensive dive gloves are not required, the cheap rubber dipped gloves that can be found at the big-box hardware stores or walmart garden center will work.
The club also has a few of the new T-shirts in stock, and we will have a pre-order sign up at the dive on Saturday!